Volunteer opportunities are currently available with the Game Operations team for the 2016-2017 season. This opportunity will offer you hands-on experience with a North American Hockey League franchise while also building your resume with reputable volunteer experience.
- Prepare and operate our merchandise store
- Conduct sound check/run through with live entertainment (anthem singer, choirs, color guards, etc.)
- Assist with live promotional giveaways
- Enthusiastically interact with fans during live promotional giveaways
- Act as ushers for groups finding reserved seating
- Assist with scanning tickets at gate
- Review game script and prepare game day materials
- Work alongside our game presentation team to ensure proper timing for promotions and presentations
- Assist with post-game cleanup and organization
- Option to work other team events (Season Ticket Pickup Party, Jets Meat Raffle, etc.)
- Liaise with corporate partners on event nights
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Able to multi-task in a fast pace environment
- Must have reliable transportation to get to the Janesville Ice Arena for games and events
- Must be able to commit to at least 7 games of the 2016-2017 season, arriving no later than two hours before each home game (28 total home games)
- Must be able to maintain professionalism when working with and around athletes, coaching staff, and management
- Must be willing to work hard, be on time, and present self professionally
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs and perform some manual labor, as an essential function of the position
- Volunteers who work 7 home games (25% of season) will be given 10 undated ticket vouchers redeemable at any home game not on the volunteer’s schedule.
- Volunteers who work 14 home games (50% of season) will be given a pass for free admission to any regular season home game.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, September 8th, 2016 at 12pm
Applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to Mason Lyttle at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Janesville Jets Game Operations 2016-17.